.

3 "Stupid" Tricks To Avoid Paying Expensive Bank Fees While Traveling



This is beautiful Phuket in Thailand. A real budget travel destination. Beds starting from just US$5.




I don't know about you, but few things piss me off more than banks charging me outrageous fees for the pleasure of accessing my own money!


And that's just at home in Australia!


When we go abroad they increase the fee burden in obvious and hidden ways:

*An initial loading fee (apparently it's very hard work to load money onto a card)

*An inactivity fee (God forbid I don't use my card all the time!)
*Currency exchange fee (done by a computer in seconds)
*Crappy exchange rate (often hidden from me unless I specifically ask)
*ATM withdrawal fee
*Purchase fee


How would it feel to enjoy a nice meal on this lake? This is beautiful Phuket in Thailand. A real budget travel destination. Beds starting from just US$5. That's one coffee at Starbucks!

Who knows what fees they'll invent next?

What most people in the US and Australia 

don't know, is that in Europe, fee free 
international transactions come as standard 
on most debit cards (except for ATM cash 
withdrawals).

No currency exchange fee, no purchase fees 

and no crappy exchange rates (because the 
exchange is done by VisaMastcard and 
they have pretty good low rates).

Also, I wanted to mention  that 

occasionally I send out a unique newsletter 
with my secret and unique money saving 
tips, great deals on flights, and special 
locations unknown to the average tourist 
(at bargain prices). 

You really can travel on a super small 

budget to exotic locations if you have 
all the information the travel companies 
don't want you to know about!
             SIGN UP FOR FREE!
Also, I wanted to mention  that occasionally I send out a unique newsletter with my secret and unique money saving tips, great deals on flights, and special locations unknown to the average tourist (at bargain prices). You really can travel on a super small budget to exotic locations if you have all the information the travel companies don't want you to know about!
             SIGN UP FOR FREE!


BANKS BEHAVE THEMSELVES BETTER IN EUROPE 
Where it's free for customers of European banks, in Australia, international transaction fees are more often $5+3% per transaction.
For the US it is more or less the same.
Perhaps we should start charging them fees?
A fee for making me wait in line during my 
lunch break, a fee for not opening up past 4pm, 
a fee every time the receipt disposal is full at 
their ATMs!!

Well until that miraculous day comes, the good 

news is that there are good alternatives for 
Americans and Australians!
This is the hidden Railay Beach just outside the city of Krabi and is accessible only by boat. Beds starting near this wonderful paradise from just US$5  per person.


HOW TO TEACH THE BANKS A LESSON - FREEDOM FROM THE INTERNATIONAL BANK FEE BURDEN


Australia
The card I've been using for a few years now is 
the 28 Degrees Mastercard. In the past it was 
better because I used to load it up with my own 
money and ALL transactions, whether at ATMs 
or in a shop, were free.
And there were no fees for the card either!
I was paying literally no fees for anything!
Unfortunately, since that time they have become 
a little greedy.
Whilst all international purchases are still free, 
ATM withdrawals do now attract fees.
So now I use two cards.
The 28 Degrees Mastercard for all purchases 
abroad, and the Comm Bank Travel Card for 
ATM withdrawals.
Although I hate Australian banks, sometimes 
they do offer the best deal in certain 
circumstances.
The only reason I use it is because it has the 
least insane fees for ATM withdrawals. 
It has no initial load fee, nor a monthly inactivity 
fee and the lowest currency conversion fee of 2% 
(still criminal if you ask me, but better than the 
rest).

United States 
In the US market, the Charles Schwab high yield 
checking account is the winner be a country mile.
Despite its name, you don't need to have a lot of 
money to use it.
Here are it's unique benefits:
  • No ATM fees anywhere in the world. If you get charged a fee by a foreign ATM, they will reimburse you at the end of the month. 
  • No monthly fee
  • No minimum deposit (despite what it's name may infer)
  • You can use it in any ATM in the world
Depending on how long you are traveling for and where, bank fees can end up costing you thousands of dollars and shorter holidays. There's no legitimate reason banks should be charging so much for accessing our own money, and since the government at the moment is too scared to step in and keep them in line, it pays to shop around and make sure you aren't being taken advantage of!
BREATHE EASY 
There's nothing quiet as freeing and as exciting as 
planning your dream escape, continue from start 
to finish with my step-by-step getting started page.